Thank you so much to Kate over at What Is Normal For for the nomination! You can check out her post here. She has some interesting blog posts, so I definitely recommend checking her out!
I love this idea for this award because it allows you to check out blogs that you may not know even exist! For someone who hasn’t been blogging for very long, I love the idea to connect with other bloggers.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their post.
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, with your own set of questions.
- Tag your chosen 11 bloggers, and don’t forget to tell them as well!
1.) When did you start blogging?
I started blogging in August of this year. However, I did blog a few years ago while I was in college. Unfortunately, course load had gotten a bit much for me so I quit reviewing for way too long.
2.) Why did you start your blog?
A few reasons, actually. One was to give me a hobby. I found myself in a loop of just watching TV and reading. I wanted something a little more creative. Two, I missed it. I love reviewing and talking about books. And three, I found myself dealing with a lot of social anxiety and felt like this would be an excellent way to get out of my comfort zone. So if any of my posts or responses seem awkward, that’s why.
3.) What do you do for your day job?
I am a banking advisor. Glamorous, right?
4.) What would your dream job be?
I think if I didn’t love numbers so much, I would love to be a librarian.
5.) Who is your favorite author? and why?
I would have to say Jennifer L. Armentrout. I love how relaxed her writing style is, it never stops drawing me in immediately. She’s an insta-buy author for me, I own every one of her books.
6.) Where do you see you and your blog in the future?
I think much of the same. I would love to review more ARCs in the future and nothing is better than helping someone find that perfect book.
7.) What is your favorite Horror film?
I’m a big baby. So horror films are not something I ever watch.
8.) Who is your favorite Blogger?
There’s a few that have stuck out to me since I started blogging. But if I had to choose one that I read their post as soon as I notice the email, it would be Boston Book Reader.
9.) Where is your favorite city to visit?
As a homebody I haven’t been travelling as much as I would love to. I went to Toronto, Ontario twice and it was amazing! You can read about one of my adventures there, here.
10.) How do you motivate yourself?
The easiest way to motivate myself is to split my time between things to do. If I don’t do too much of one task, I’m more likely to get a lot done. For example: I needed to read an arc, needed to clean my office and needed(wanted) to get caught up on some shows. So I cleaned for a half hour, read my book for a half hour and watched an episode of whatever show I was watching. It worked like a charm.
11.) What will your new year resolution be if any?
I don’t normally make resolutions, because I’m almost guaranteed to fail. But working on a healthier lifestyle is certainly something I’m working on, even before New Years.
So, there’s my answers. That was fun, and very enlightening.
For you guys, my 11 questions are:
- What got you into blogging?
- What’s your favorite app you have downloaded to help you blog?
- How do you conquer your TBR?
- How do you get out of a reading slump?
- What’s your favorite book of all time?
- What’s your favorite author of all time?
- Favorite bookish memory?
- What got you into reading?
- If you could only read one genre of books for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- What’s your biggest bookish accomplishment?
- What’s your Goodreads reading goal? And are you on track to accomplish it? If you don’t use Goodreads, do you have a goal for the number of books you want to read by the end of the year?
Please feel free to tag me in your responses! I’m looking forward to reading them!
That’s all for me, gang! Until next time(meaning tomorrow, when I finally post another book review:P),