Well, another year has passed and I am now 25. It’s weird. Sometimes I still feel like I’m 16 and need to seek adult advice to be able to do anything. When my husband and I took our first trip to Toronto a couple years ago, I felt like I was doing something wrong. It was like my brain couldn’t wrap around the fact that I’m an adult and can make these decisions on my own.
So now being half way to 30 (well that’s a sentence I never thought I’d write) and having a full time job and bills to pay, I hope it will eventually sink in that I’m an adult.
My plans for my birthday are really nothing. Since my birthday lands between Christmas and New Years, both holidays that my family has get-togethers for, we combine my birthday with New Years Day on January 1st every year. So today, I am relaxing. I’m going to read a couple good books, laze around and maybe take a nap. Nothing is better than taking a nap.
Before that, though, I wanted to write a post so I could tell you guys about some of my goals next year. I guess some New Years resolutions mixed with some good ole’ birthday reflection.
These are somewhat going to be book related, but some of them will be personal goals.
- Read 150 books for my Goodreads goal (about 2-3 books a week)
- Be less lenient with my book ratings
- Increase my blog posts to 3 days a week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Reading challenge for 2018 (tba)
- Take some time to play with the layout of my blog
- Buy a camera and take more pictures
- Buy and use a planner and not give it up three weeks into the year
- Stop drinking carbonated things. (Pepsi is my weakness)
- Try a bunch of different teas until I find one that I like
- Try to start a small savings account, even if I can only put in a dollar a month
- Become more active. My poor exercise bike is turning into a coat rack.
- Drink more water. At least a liter a day.
I think those are some pretty reasonable goals and I’m excited to push myself to follow them. There’s some more personal goals that I would set, stuff like working on paying down my student loans and all those lame adult things, but these are the ones that I feel like I really have to write down to keep myself accountable.
Do you guys have any fun or not so fun goals for next year? Let me know in the comments if you’d like to share.
Until next time,