I saw a post on Twitter about someone’s list of non-anxiety inducing books that they recommend reading and thought it would be a great idea to make a list of my own.
Unfortunately, I forgot to write down who it was so I can’t link them here, but if you know the post I’m talking about or you are the person, please DM me on Twitter or e-mail me so I can give you credit for this amazing idea.
I’ve always been open with the fact that I have anxiety, and yes, that does filter down to something as simple as the books I read. I have spent a week anxious and depressed on the couch because I read a really sad book series. It’s not something I’m proud of, since it bothers me that I can’t seem to have control over my own emotions, but that is my life.
So I have compiled a list of books that are very calm, happily ever after books. If there’s any conflict, it’s resolved quickly and smoothly and doesn’t leave a million questions hanging around in your head.
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan
- The City of Ember by Jeanne LePrau
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Weird Things Customers Say in Book Shops by Jen Campbell
- Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Kissing Tolstoy by Penny Reid
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- Mooseletoe by Tiffinie Helmer
- Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi
- Let’s Get Textual by Teagan Hunter
- Snow In Love by Melissa De La Cruz (and other authors)
- Nothing Personal by Karina Halle
There it is.. the list of least stressful books on my Goodreads list haha
Any other low-stress books you’d recommend I check out?
Until Next time,
2 thoughts on “Non-Stressful Books”
I need to save this list. There have been many times I need to read a book like this.
LikeLiked by 1 person