You all know I suck at TBRs.
Seriously… if I write out a TBR, I will barely ever stick with it. But this month, I am super proud of myself because I read 9 of the 17 books on my TBR.
Which brings the totally count of books read in January to 27! Twenty Seven freaking books. I can hardly believe it.
Work has been super slow lately, which has allowed me to read quite a lot during the eight hours a day I’d normally be up to my ears in banking issues. It’s been a really really nice break after a solid 18 months of doing the workload of at least two people.
This month has been insane. As a little wrap-up of things none book related, I:
- Watched a streamer play/watch everything you need to know about Kingdom Hearts before Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out (Highly recommend following Cohh Carnage if you like watching gameplay videos. He gave a shout out to Bring Me Home during his playthrough of Hades!)
- Wrote 4000+ words of a new YA novel I’m working on.
- Got a new Axolotl baby after figuring out that one of mine was male and having my tank full of eggs Check instagram if you missed that debacle.
- The new axolotl baby is a rescue and I am currently treating her for a few illnesses because of her mistreatment.
- Started a Facebook author page to try to separate my author/blogging stuff. If you want to follow me there you can click here 🙂
Now for the books:
Now these last four books are books that I didn’t even give a rating to. I would first and foremost like to caution you about picking these books up. Although they are powerful to read, they are disturbing, disgusting, heartbreaking and just plain out horrible.
These four books go into detail regarding the emotional, physical and sexual abuse of the author. Please do not pick up these books unless you’re absolutely certain you can handle the content.
I hope you all had a fantastic reading month. I still don’t know how I managed to read so much but I (mostly) enjoyed every minute of it.